The process of making art

Hi, thanks for stopping by. It's been a process making art and developing my artistic voice. I thought I'd share with you how I've been proceeding lately with my watercolors.

The idea is to have fun and to push the envelope in terms of subject and pumping up the colors. Watercolors can be so soft but I wanted mine to feel vital. The theme is spiritual places for use in oracle cards. You know how some places just pull you in and provoke emotions? That's what I want to unveil in my art, whether it be for a fine art show or for the cards.

Oracle cards need to be fascinating and compelling, usually otherwordly, which is why I'm playing with some ways of working people into my paintings of place. First I paint the location and get comfortable with the colors and the feel I want. Then I paint a second rendition including a spirit of the place. I'm working with a fantastic writer and guide on this project who uses these cards as part of her healing work. I love the idea of helping others and hope that I can connect with people through my art. ❤

Comments

Popular Posts