"Raps" Rapeseed field painting

Hej! If you  have ever spent time in Sweden in the spring you may have been overwhelmed by the beauty of these clear yellow fields of "raps" (or rape as it is unfortunately known in English). The rapeseed is used to make oils and even diesel for buses. It is an important agriculturally product luckily for us, as it is also quite stunning! I was inspired to paint it. Here is my take, in progress....
Tina Rawson Art

Tina Rawson Ar
So this last one stayed on my wall for a long time waiting for updates, but I couldn't see what was wrong until I realized that Covid, and my worry about how the pandemic is being handled in Sweden was literally putting a pall on the painting! I lived there for many years, and many people that I love still do live there. My concern comes through in the dark cloudy skies. 
Tina Rawson Art

Now, the sky is brighter, the field has been given another coat of yellow. It's a slightly more sunny version which I hope reflects life in Sweden today. Nature is always there for us! It's an amazing thing and although I am scared for my family abroad, I know that this view doesn't deserve to be diminished because of that. We will persevere! I hope that you like it. It is for sale if it speaks to you, 
Raps by Tina Rawson. I will take another better picture soon but I am happy with how it turned out. 
Raps by Tina Rawson, May 2020, 16" x 20" oil on canvas $500

Comments

Popular Posts