New office/studio space!


My new office!

I am beyond thrilled to have found a space where I can make art and teach. I am excited to create beautiful things from this new space without making a mess of my house. It is a big step to pay for a space when I can teach and create from home but I feel like I need to move forward. Covid threw a wrench in things for all of us, now I want to return to the things that I love, and teaching and building a community of kind-hearted creative folks is one of then. I really enjoy meeting people who love art which is why I started "Art Lovers", a group on Facebook. (Please join if you haven't). You can find it at ~ https://www.facebook.com/groups/tinarawsonartlovers/


As you can see the banner features my couch! It is my intent to meet cool people and talk about interesting things, enjoy a glass of champagne and maybe some Bridgerton. To me, this painting shows my fun silly side and invites you to join me! I love it.
So now I have something sad to share with you.

The man who I worked for as an intern tore my painting, this painting. It was an accident, of course, but he put things in my space - which was a place that I had asked him not to put things because my paintings were drying there. He ripped this painting because he decided that he was going to put things there anyway. He had a whole huge studio but he had to put his things in my spot. And then he yelled at me "It's my f***ing studio and I will put things where I want to!"

So this is another reason I want my own studio. I am very upset by this, I know that you realize that, but I am not going to worry too much about it. I'm taking it as a sign that I need to chart my own course! I need to take control of my things, my business, my life. I am kind to others, I don't deserve this, but I also shouldn't have thought that he as the expert would be someone to rely upon. I am moving on, moving up and moving into my own space full of GOOD VIBES only. I hope that you will join me there, and let me know how I can help you chart your creative journey. 
p.s. I will post my new address once the lease is signed and all is settled, thanks!




Comments

Popular Posts