A Super Success!

 
A little girl went to Little Compton every summer and learned to swim, to identify shells, to run after fireflies, and to love the land as part of her family. This story became part of my art, and resulted in "Memories of LC" which is an homage to my family. It's dedicated to my grandparents who ran the Stone House for many years, and to my father (the man on the left). The show is up at The Coastal Living Gallery at 2 Meetinghouse Lane in Little Compton until November 1st, by appointment at 401.835-8967. 

The house is a big part of the show. I made interior paintings of it with the next generation, my daughter, sitting and reading at the table. My beautiful daughter came to the reception and it was an honor to have her there. There were about 27 paintings! That's a lot of work, and it was a rush to see them all hanging together and to see the threads that went throughout the work. I am very proud of all the pieces and I hope that I made my children proud too. 

As you see the day of the reception was absolutely stellar! We brought some happy to the beleaguered day of 9/11! 
My sister came all the way from New York to support me and that was wonderful of her.  (This piece on the right is called "Me and My Sister". See the red gate?) All four siblings were there, and that meant the world to me as you can imagine. Sadly my father wasn't able to come out, and he was missed, but my aunt and dear family friends were able to come to the reception. Many old friends made an appearance and it was very fun to see everyone!
Here is a picture of Pixie. She is such a love. I was so happy to see everyone, and I made some new connections. 3 big paintings sold! And two littles! It was a big day for "Tina Rawson Art". There are many more beautiful paintings for you to snag if you'd like. Just call the gallery owner Amanda, at 401.835-8967 to see it, or come down the weekend of October 9th - 11th and I will be happy to show you around.

More photos below, and a nice quote from one of my new collectors. Thank you all so much! It was a wonderful day.
xo, Tina 


'Welcome' by Tina Rawson

Comments

Popular Posts