First Painting Party at Start 2 Art Studio!

Hej!
Next week I will be hosting my first art party at the new space! It's exciting to say the least, and I've figured out a fun project for it. I've always loved Kurbits, a Swedish folk art. It's going to be fun to share what I know about Kurbits (see here for background on it) and painting with others. (This link above takes you to my other blog, which is about all things Swedish.)

We are going to make a nice little painting using acrylic paints, and stylized flowers. Kurbitz uses gourd shapes throughout so I will some gourds and flowers out that we can explore. I found a great book for some ideas called "Creative Folk Art and Beyond" to which I will refer, and we will practice drawing flowers before using white chalk to add them to our canvases. 

Luckily I was able to test out my ideas on a friend who enjoyed the lesson and took into a a really creative and beautiful direction. I like having the choice for everyone to explore their own creativity and not to be told exactly what to do. At the same time I respect that that's the way some people like to do it, and that it's more relaxing for them that way. I will try to find the middle way that will work for everyone.

Also I was happy to see that the paintings dried in time, we only have two hours so could be a challenge to fit creating, eating, drinking and socializing in the mix. My kind of madness!! :) It's going to be a lot of fun. Let me know if you'd like one too! 978-395-5567

Beautiful work by my talented friend







Comments

Popular Posts