Happy January!


Excited to announce the my new website is up at www.tinarawsonart.com!! I will be selling things on it, if all goes well, but I have information about my classes, parties, commissions, prints and a link to where I stash all my bigger pieces for sale at www.artworkarchive.com. It's been work-in-progress for a while so I am very excited that Sarah Conti of "Design You Marketing" came on-board to help me out! Thank you so much Sarah! I love the way it looks. 


So what else is going on? Well we got back from Miami after five days in the sun with renewed vim and vigor. I started painting Art Deco hotels in addition to the other series I'm working on because they are just so cool. The other beautiful paintings that I'm excited about are my new bulb and flower pieces, and modern kurbits paintings! 

What is kurbits? Well I call it Swedish folk art but to be entirely accurate it is:

Kurbits is from the beginning the name of a big plant, with gourds, leaves and flowers, Cucurbita in Latin. This plant has become the main symbol for a painting from Dalarna, but the word has been used so much that in daily speech we often no longer know the meaning of it.

So there's that. ;) I teach it and I love to play with these paintings. They are so much fun!


Come see me out my studio for an Art Party if you'd like to learn how to make something of your own in this easy style too. I can host up to 8 people in my studio. Just call me at 978-395-5567 or email me at tinastart2art@gmail.com. I have lots more to tell but this is enough for now. Gotta keep some things under wraps for now. :) 

Happy Martin Luther's King Day! 

Comments

Popular Posts