Workshops and Events Abound this Spring!

I'm so happy to announce that I am available for classes, workshop and parties this spring! I have cleared my calendar to meet people and connect with you. I feel happy to my artistic output his winter. I took the time to make art that spoke to me using bright colors, different backgrounds, gold leaf and more. I will share that with you at festivals in fairs this summer starting this Sunday at the Salisbury Art Stroll at Pettengill Farm from 11 - 3PM.

Let's Party!

First up though is a "Spring in Paris" Paint Party at Start 2 Art this Friday! It will be so fun to introduce my friends to the painting process. I am really looking forward to it and plan to do more this summer. 

Next week I will have a Tulips Class at TipTopTulips on Friday, May 6th at 6PM. We will be surrounded by the beautiful tulip fields at Lowe's Lane, Ipswich and we will use oil pastels to capture them. It will be so inspirational to do this at sunset and I hope that you will join me! Buy tickets at www.tiptoptulips.com

Then on Saturday the 7th I will be at the Danvers YMCA for a fun family event for health and wellness. It will be the best to meet young artists and I will have a table full of art goodies. That event starts at 12PM at 34 Pickering Street in Danvers.  

Looking forward to classes at the Seacoast Art Spot too! Dott Ferrari is setting up those for me, and I am teaching children and adults there every Tuesday in May. I have two classes on offer - please sign up with her at Seacoast Art Spot in Portsmouth (address: 2992 Lafayette Rd Unit 3, Portsmouth, NH 03801). The  website is https://www.seacoastartspot.com/

Teaching Art at Seacoast Art Spot

June is bringing more fun with the West Newbury Garden Painting and Midsummer at the Museum which will be a blast too. Please keep in touch. It's so important to connect. As I learned on NPS recently there is a lack of ways to make friends over "unimportant" things like bowling, cooking, crafts and this is so important. In The Atlantic writer Arthur Brooks considered how important those real friends are, as opposed to deal friends. These are the friends who you don't get anything from but you share an interest with and who will wonder how you are, and really care about that. It's hard to keep those friends as life picks up again but connecting over art is a great place to find it. https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2021/04/deep-friendships-aristotle/618529/

Here's another quote from an interview on NPR in 2021 with Arthur Brooks regarding his book From Strength to Strength: Finding Success, Happiness and Deep Purpose in the Second Half of Life 

BROOKS: "It certainly can because people have had time to look inward. This has been, you know, a terrible scourge. Everybody knows that the pandemic is not something that we wanted, but it's also been an incredible opportunity for a lot of people. I mean, for me, I was able to quietly write this book and set up a strategic plan for the rest of my life. A lot of other people tell me similar stories of how they deepened their relationships, that they understood themselves better. And this is something that we should remember as we get back into the hustle and bustle of non-pandemic life, I mean, assuming that we go back to something like normal, which I think we are. Let's not forget that there are certain things that we don't want to go back to."



Comments

Popular Posts