Excellent news!

"We are pleased to inform you that your submission id: #56 titled: Bonfire on the Beach, has been selected!" - Newburyport Art Association
I am so excited that my work got chosen for the Regional Show this spring! It's a piece that didn't find favor with an earlier juror but one that I love and hold close to my heart. I was proud of this piece that reminds me of Nicolai Astrup's colorful world, and I decide to try again. Thank you Emma Wilson of Portland Art Gallery, who was the juror of this show. 

Well I guess that what they say is true, there is no accounting for taste. Many of my artist friends works were not chosen, and I love their art! It's a crap shot but luckily for me I was included on the short list, and I will proudly include this piece of me, Kajsa and Luke at the beach over a bonfire. The Regional Juried Show 2022 will up at the Newburyport Art Association from May 20 - June 12. 

Look at the girl in the painting. She's the key to it, and holds a message about being wild and loving yourself no matter how crazy people think you may be. Keep that side of yourself intact. Keep being wild kids! We need you wild ones who love to express all of yourselves; just like I need to play in the woods to this day to remind myself of that magical, wild and creative side of myself. 


Comments

Popular Posts