Creative Connections is up this week! Happy Thanksgiving!


Creative Connections: Contemporary Art by Tina Rawson is opening soon!  Tomorrow we hang the work, and it will open on Wednesday at 11 at the Newburyport Art Association. It's so exciting! Here's everything that you need to know about it, and more. Most importantly, the reception is on 12/2! I hope that you can make it. Thank you so much, and Happy Thanksgiving!

“Creative Connections: Contemporary Art” by Tina Rawson

11/23 – 12/4/2022

Artist Reception 12/2/22 from 5 – 7PM

At The Hills Gallery at the Newburyport Art Association, 65 Water St, Newburyport MA

BIO

Tina Rawson was born in Seattle Washington, moved to Sweden at age 13 and back to America at 19 years of age after working in Paris for a year. She studied art at The University of Pittsburgh, and The Massachusetts College of Art, with Amira Rahim, Lully Schwartz, another pre-eminent en-plein air oil painter, and Alan Bull. She speaks Swedish and is a member of Vasa. She is also a member of The Newburyport Art Association, The Greater Haverhill Arts Association and Oppna Sinnen in Sweden.

Tina Rawson took up the bold decision in 2021, amidst the protracted COVID-19 pandemic to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a full-time painter after doing it part-time for approximately 20 years. She runs an art school called Start 2 Art, formerly from her home, but now from her studio at 14 Cedar St in Amesbury.

Her many exhibits include showings of her work at the Newburyport Art Association, at Coastal Living Gallery in Little Compton, RI, The Centennial Gallery in Peabody, and a museum show at the Wenham Museum entitled 'My Essentials '. She works as an artist at the 14 Cedar Street studios, and she visits her native Sweden annually where she hones her skills in Swedish Folk Art which she also teaches.

STATEMENT

As a contemporary impressionist painter working primarily in acrylic paints and mediums, I aspire to convey not only the scene but also the moment and mood. The moment is fleeting but the painting allows us to live there a bit longer, to linger, reflect, contemplate and enjoy.

 

Reflecting on a serendipitous moment in time can be deceivingly difficult. I sketch my subject matter first, getting to know it so well that when I put my brush to work, I find that the art and colors flow. I often work outside in nature and finish in the studio, capturing the essence of a moment and offering viewers an uplifting, positive message.

I also enjoy getting to know myself and others through my art making creative connections with them. I love painting and tapping into the inner child that was always happiest making art. I hope that the viewer will feel joy while viewing my art and want to know more about it whether I'm exploring a feeling, a place, a memory or my Swedish heritage in my artwork.

IG: https://www.instagram.com/tina.rawson.art/

FB: https//www.facebook.com/tinarawsonart

Website: www.tinarawsonart.com

 

 


Comments

Popular Posts