Flowers in paint

I like painting flowers. They are colorful, varied, and they sit still. ☺️ I think that there is so much that you can say with flowers. I have a book called "The Language of Flowers by Kate Greenaway" that I was given in 1979. Being the sentimental creature that I am, I kept it, and used it for a series of small flower paintings called "Hanokataba" (meaning language of flowers in Japanese). A rose means love, a lily means purity - but if you really look into it more the meanings differ by the color of the flower. 🌺 I like to keep it simple though.

Simple things sometimes say the most, don't they? I would want to live in a world without flowers, which is why I plant flowers that attract bees. I love to garden in my flower bed, look at the riot of colors and figure out what looks best next to what. It's like painting! Here's my latest flower painting which I made at a greenhouse. It's a pretty watercolor using acrylic paint. Do you like orchids? They amaze me, from being a stick all year they will suddenly surprise you. I like that.


"The Queen of Wands" is heading home with me today so if you want it, let me know! Thanks! Tina

Comments

Popular Posts