Summer Midsummer and More

Hello everyone, we are happy to see you and to report that the fight for the Pink House continues! I certainly hope that someone steps up to stop the madness and help us save this iconic place on Plum Island. They plan to demolish it next month. Please do your best to stop that from happening! We were at a rally on Saturday at Market Square in Newburyport, and today I painted it one last time. Of course I hope it's not the last time but I am bracing for the worst. Why is it that the old things that we love have to go? 

I wish everyone could see that the old doesn't mean ugly. There's a great value in antiques and typically this belief is one that people fight for in Newburyport. I took a page out of my friend Kristy Lund's page and used words as an underpainting, which is the literal hidden message of my latest painting. "Age is beauty" or as Eartha Kitt, much more interestingly put it 
“Aging has a wonderful beauty, and we should have respect for that.”
– Eartha Kitt

Last weekend I had the fun of celebrating Midsummer at the Swedish Cultural Center in West Newton MA. We danced around the Midsummer pole and enjoyed smorgastarta. I met a couple of friends there, including my new buddy Pamela who go her new bag for signing up for my Art Retreat! She was the first one to sign up so she got a free beach bag by yours truly! If you sign up by the end of July you will get a free frame! The retreat is on 8/17 at Adelynrood in Byfield, MA. It's absolutely stunning and you will destress while painting my happy art - Swedish Folk Art. It's fun and really easy for anyone. We have a full day of fun planned! Please sign up soon! It's going to be a small intimate class with lots of time to enjoy painting, food, friends and flowers! 

Remember, if you are feeling stressed or like summer will be over waaaay too fast set aside a day to paint, (no experience needed), relax, eat and connect. I teach Swedish Folk Art in a fun encouraging way. I have an art retreat coming up on 8/17! It will be so much fun.
At Adelynrood, a relaxing oasis, with art, flowers, food and fika we will have a wonderful day. Hope you can make it. I'd love to see you!
Please tell your art friends! Thank you,
😁🌸🎨
Tina
Sign up now for a free frame and learn Swedish Folk art! Easy, fun, colorful and you'd be great at it!

Comments

Popular Posts