Getting Wrecked

 


"Being in a suit made me feel constricted, like being part of a club that I didn't choose to join. I was told that I could never make money as an artist so I tried to do things that were "art adjacent" like teaching (which I thought would be creative) and marketing and advertising (which were the "creative" sides of business I believed). It turned out that teaching isn't creative and marketing isn't making. I wore a suit and pretended that I didn't care but inside I knew that there was an artist just waiting to bust out! I wanted to step away, but waited until I had my first child to allow myself to do so. I was not going to jeopardize my child for a bank marketing job in Waltham I said! And honestly it was the most creative thing that I allowed myself to do since art school. Being at home with the kids allowed me to find my way back to my creative kernel but it took a long and windy road through teaching and other stuff to get there. It's so easy to fall off but getting out of that suit was what I needed to be me." - Tina to Tric

I took off the suit and got into the water emerging like a goddess of the sea thanks to Chelsea Bradway of All Things Sparkley photography and Tricia Whitcomb of Whitcomb Coaching. 










Thank you Tricia for your advice and Chelsea for these gorgeous photos! I had a wonderful time shedding my plain black suit, getting into my artist cape and going full-on glam. I'd recommend the experience to anyone who feels in a rut and wants to have fun with two wonderful women! Call Tricia to hook you up, she will help you shed unwanted fears and embrace the next stage. I'm an artist!

Comments

Popular Posts