The new summer collection...

is here! And I don't mean fashion, although it is fun, flirty and a little bit sexy. I mean my newest pieces of art born from love of fashion, color and a sly sense of humor. This one is the first of the line, it popped out a month ago in a workshop with Amira Rahim. I enjoyed pattern play a lot, but it looked a little plain even with the all the fun colors, so I added my new shoes to the mix. They're bright pink, let's dance the night away in our rockabilly clothes kind of shoes. Love 'em! So did a lot of people when I showed the study online and to my immense pleasure and gratitude, my hairdresser decided that she had to have "Pink Suede Shoes" for her gorgeous new salon. Fun huh? 


"Pink Suede Shoes" by Tina Rawson, (c) 2020

I've been working in my "studio" (back porch) on the larger canvas, trying to get it just right. Soon all I have to do is add a pop of fluorescent pink and a border of beautiful Prussian blue (waiting for my velvety matte paint) and varnish. Off it will go to it's new home to be joined by the pretty as a picture "Hydrangea" which is already there. I am very excited!

"Hydrangea" by Tina Rawson (c) 2020

Next I pulled out my watercolors, after thinking more about shoes and how empowering they can be, and how there is also some moralizing going on about women being strong and going for their dreams. I mean look at "The Red Shoes", it's a movie based on a fairy tale where a woman dances herself to death because she chose art over a conventional life. It's a compelling movie with Moira Shearar, and well. those ballet shoes really are "to die for". Ahem, sorry, not in good taste. 

Anyway, here's "The Red Shoes", see the gold in the toe? I love this painting, and so did a friend of mine, so long story short, once one is done another painting will find it's life and a proper home. It is just thrilling! Honestly, I can't believe it, but I am so happy that I don't have to dance myself to death to express myself. I just have to work a little harder and fit a little more in, but juggle, juggle, we all can do that right? ;)

"The Red Shoes" by Tina Rawson (c) 2020

Thanks for listening, and for supporting my art. The next one to find a home is this little beaut, but she might become a t-shirt on ShopVida, at https://shopvida.com/collections/tina-rawson, instead. "Rosé all Day" is the name. Let me know what you think! 

"Rosé all Day" by Tina Rawson (c) 2020



Comments

Popular Posts